Coversure Insurance Oswestry

Coversure Insurance Oswestry

Coversure Oswestry offers insurance solutions for companies and individuals in Oswestry & throughout Shropshire. We offer quality insurance advice and products together with excellent customer service at competitive prices.

Visit Website »

Coversure Insurance HGV

Truck Website

Dedicated website for insurance of Heavy Goods Vehicles from 7.5 tonnes up to 44 tonnes and Fleet Insurance for Haulage & Carriage of Own Goods. Specialist HGV & Truck insurance at our most competitive rates.

Visit Website »

Coversure Insurance Mold

Call free on 0800 3081 220   Mobiles: 01352 218004
or click and we’ll ring you!

Insurance Advice

Insurance Advice

Frequently asked questions

Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Here you’ll find answers to questions that our clients frequently ask when enquiring about our insurance products.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for please contact one our insurance advisors on 0800 3081 300. Please select a question from the drop down list below.

Can I take out normal home insurance for my rented property?

If you rent out a property to tenants, you will need Landlords Insurance. The policy may look similar to a home insurance policy but will give you additional covers such as Loss of Rent and Landlords contents. If you are renting out a property and only have Home Insurance then you will need to contact your insurance provider and advise them that you are renting the property. Otherwise in the event of a claim, your insurers could invalidate your policy.

If you are in any doubt as to the correct cover you require please contact us on 0800 3081 300 or get an online quote here

Do I need an operators licence to drive my HGV?

Yes, you will need an operators licence to carry goods connected to a business or trade in a vehicle over 3.5 tonnes. Full details and application forms can be found here:

It doesn’t matter if you are using the vehicle 1 day a year or 365 days a year - you will be required to have an operators licence! It is also a condition with all of the insurers on our panel that an operator’s licence is held and failure to do so could invalidate your policy in the event of a claim.

For further advice please contact us on 0800 3081 300 or get a quote for your HGV here:

A stone has chipped the windscreen on my car. What do I do now?

First, please check the coverage on your policy. If you have Third Party Only, or Third Party Fire & Theft then unfortunately you will not be covered for any repairs. If you have Fully Comprehensive cover however then you need to contact us on 0800 3081 300 to obtain the number for your approved windscreen repairers or if it is out of office hours, call the Coversure Claimsline

If the chip can be repaired then usually this is free under your insurance policy, although some insurers are beginning to charge £10.00 for a repair.

If the chip cannot be repaired and the whole windscreen has to be replaced then this will be subject to the Windscreen Excess on your policy which can be found in your Schedule of Insurance.

Typically, the excess will range from £50 to £100 but should not be any more than this.

Please also remember to contact your insurers before you make your claim as if you have the repairs done first you may find that there is a limit on the amount your insurers will pay if you do not use one of their approved repairers!

If you are in any doubt please contact us on 0800 3081 300

I want to start a business from home, what type of insurance do I need?

If you are operating a business from home, you are suitable for a Home Workers Insurance policy. Contrary to people’s beliefs that Home Workers Insurance policies are more expensive than Home Insurance policies, this is not always the case.

The Home Workers Insurance policy can cover everything you have on your Home Insurance policy such as the buildings and contents but also can extend to cover Public Liability away from your home, Money, Goods In Transit, and Business Interruption usually as standard.

Also, in the event that you are operating a business from home and you do not tell your home insurers, your policy is at risk of being invalidated if you try to make a claim!

If you are in any doubt please call us on 0800 3081 300 for Free Impartial advice!

What types of insurance is required by law?

There are only two types of Insurance that are required by law and they are Motor Insurance and Employers Liability Insurance. As we are all aware, one of the costs involved in running any type of vehicle is the annual insurance policy and although the Police and Insurers are working more closely now than ever to identify uninsured drivers, it is still a common problem and costs the industry and us innocent drivers millions of pounds each year!

If you employ anybody you are legally required to have Employers Liability Insurance which will cover any losses sustained by your employees as a result of your/your firms’ negligence. This may also apply if you employ Labour Only Sub-Contractors or temporary employees, and may also apply to volunteers if they are receiving any type of remuneration for their services.

If you are in any doubt please contact us on 0800 3081 300

I have 3 vans that I use for my business but they are all insured separately. Is this the best way to insure them?

When you have 3 or more vehicles you are eligible for a Fleet Insurance Policy. There are a number of benefits to having all of your vehicles on one policy and the cost could be similar or even less than what you currently pay. A fleet policy will usually give you Any Driver restriction but there are discounts if you name the drivers on the policy and you will be able to have a mix of vehicles to include business cars, commercial vehicles and even your own private vehicles!

With a fleet insurance policy you will only have one renewal date and one monthly payment making the administration much simpler and easier to control and manage.

If you would like a quote for a Fleet Insurance policy please contact a member of staff on 0800 3081 300

I am buying and selling cars. What type of insurance do I need?

If you are actively involved in the motor trade industry, whether it be buying and selling vehicles, vehicle valeting, mechanical repairs or tyre fitting we have a wide variety of policies available to you.

We can offer a policy as a full time trader or even a part time trader operating from home!

Motor trade policies are very simple and will be based firstly on the cover you require, then the maximum value of vehicles you will work on (called the Limit of Indemnity) and finally the type of work you are carrying out and on what type of vehicles. All of these will be taken into account in order to find you the policy most suited to your needs.

We can also offer Motor Trade Combined Policies for the larger traders operating from premises

If you are in any doubt please contact us on 0800 3081 300

In my business insurance policy it says I am covered for business interruption. What is this?

This section of a commercial policy covers the amount of financial loss resulting from interruption or interference with your business following an insured peril.

An example of this would be if there was a fire at your premises and you were closed for 4 months while the property was being renovated and your contents were being replaced. You would also claim for the 4 months "loss of profit" as you would be closed for business and not making any money. So the fire has caused an interruption or an interference with your business and the business interruption section would pay for the loss of profit.

This section also extends to cover existing book debts (outstanding invoices) and can even include losses arising from the closure of suppliers and manufacturers.

If in any doubt, or for free advice, please call us on 0800 3081 300.

I want to insure the stock at my premises. What will this include?

Stock can be defined as follows:

  • Raw Materials
  • Work in Progress
  • Finished Goods
  • Goods In Trust

In the majority of cases, the stock is owned by the business but some policies can extend to cover other peoples items.

For a free review of your cover, contact us on 0800 3081 300.